Fruit Of The Loom Textile is an integral part of our European supply base. Established in 1994, the company in Morocco currently employs 3000 people on five sites and produces a range of high quality leisurewear garments.
As part of the ongoing development of our European business, we have launched a major investment initiative for the expansion of our manufacturing operations in Morocco and have already started textiles production in Skhirat. To accompany and back up this development we now wish to recruit an experienced and gifted individual for the following key position, based in the Skhirat area.
Job Title: Distribution Center Manager - Skhirat
Reporting To: Senior VP Distribution & Sales Support Europe
Location: DC Dept, Skhirat
To steer the distribution processes at the warehouse in Morocco. To ensure best service and flexibility for all areas of the warehouse goods-in, storage, goods-out, returns, and shipping to be able to meet customer requirements promptly and economically in the present and in the future with changing business.
To improve the existing as well as the distribution-related needs and demands for the future. Directs and controls all order entry and customer’s affairs in the Customer Service Department.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates reviews and supervises the personnel and operations of all central warehouse and distribution facilities areas (goods-in, storage, goods-out, quality control, returns, samples, finishing).
- Plans and controls receiving goods, warehousing and distribution to the customers in order to ensure service-oriented work which supports to achieve FOTL’s objectives.
- Ensure that orders are dispatched on time to the right destinations.
- Reacts and acts on special customer requirements, promotions and finishing.
- Controls all order entries on a daily basis. Controls customer returns.
- Controls order release in agreement with Credit Control.
- Ensure best prices for all necessary supply materials in all warehouse and distribution facilities areas.
- Acts and makes independently decisions within the approved budget and company policies.
- Draws up the budget for the following next year.
- Arranges annual stock count.
- Works close together with the corresponding departments.
- Optimises ways of working in all areas to increase productivity.
- Works on special projects on direction.
- Controls the budget for warehouse operations.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
- Selects and trains warehouse and distribution staff to the calibre necessary to meet the current and future needs for changing business.
- Takes care of all arising enquiries and processes customer complaints.
- Follows all relevant H&S laws by taking local requirements into account.
- Internal organisation knowledge regarding connected departments.
- System knowledge of PKMS & Oracle Applications.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages.
- Communication & managerial skills.
- Fluent spoken and written knowledge of the English language.
The job holder has to be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure and is frequently required to resolve conflicting priorities.
He/ She ensures confidentiality with regard to FOTL processes, procedures and systems.
To apply, please send your application (Job’s reference, CV, Cover Letter) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by fax to 05 37 74 21 28